Wednesday, August 12
I hate to update post that is so lengthy full of words but I guess I've got no choice today bcox I have not been updating and clearly explain my situation. Those text in pink are hyperlinked to wikipedia.
Last Tuesday
I admitted to the hospital, The Royal Women's Hospital, for post operation. Didn't realised that there were so many preparation to be done before the operation. 1) Met my anesthetist who took good care of me before, during and after the operation and makes sure that I'm sleeping soundly when the doctors are cutting my abdomen. 2) My specialist doc, Dr Szabo came to my room and revealed the MRI report that I had Germ Cell Tumour. 3) Met the group of doctors who discussed and talked about my illness, my operation process and think of the best solution to my cancer. 4) Had to shave my hair below to get ready for the operation. 5) Had a chemical injection through my asshole so that my intestine was free from anything for my operation. The chemical made me keep going to the bathroom. 6) Had an injection into my fats to prevent any blood clogs during my stay in hospital. 7) Had another blood test again and its the 3rd time already since 4 weeks ago.
Last Wednesday
It's my operation day and I was the very first person to be operated. I still remembered that the nurse woke me up at 5.30am to have my blood pressure and everything done and I was so shocked bcox it was bloody early but the nurse said that they would be doing this to every patient every morning at that hour. After being woken up by the nurse, I couldn't go back to sleep anymore bcox I was so stressed out by the operation I'm going to have later on. So I took my shower and got dressed into Johnny shirt. I seems to take ages to have my shower done in hospital, by then when I'm done with everything including blow drying my hair, it was ard 7 am. I started to panic that my mind went totally blank. For each person that walked passed my room, my heart pound even faster bcox I would though that the nurses are coming in to push me to the operation room. Until 7.30am, 2 of the nurse came and untied the wires that clung to my bed and push me with the bed to the operation room. First, I went to a room, still lying on the bed, I felt like I was waiting for death. Minutes like hours. After quite sometime, I was pushed to another room again and I met my 2 anesthetist. They were very nice, 1 of them was trying to inject a tube into my wrist and the another anesthetist knew that I was very anxious about it that he kept talking to me. Finally, I was pushed to another room that was the real operation room and over there I met Dr. Szabo. However, I felt very dizzy immediately upon the first anesthetic and I went to deep sleep after the 2nd or 3rd anesthetic, I can't really remember. All I knew was that they put the oxygen mask around my head. The next moment I woke up, I was still in the operation room but I was in tremendous pain that I kept shaking my head. They told me to bear with the pain and try to sleep, but I was incapable of doing it, it's far too painful. I tried to open my eyes but I can't, all I can do was to hear. Whereas for my lips, it became bloody dry and I was having a bad sore throat bcox of the oxygen mask but I couldn't drink any water at all so mummy keep dipping my lips with water all the time. Basically, I was sleeping for the rest of the day.
Last Thursday
I can hardly move. I was lying on the bed throughout the day with the tubes around me. 1 of the tube was for the grape sugar and the another one was morphine. Basically, I didn't have to eat anything with the grape sugar being injected into my body 24/7 and the morphine relives my pain whenever I press a button. Oh ya, at the same time, I had my catheterization so that I didn't had to get off my bed for bathroom. I felt so like a going-to-die person. At night, I finally got out of my bed! However, I had a hard time doing it and the pain on my operation area was so enormous that I started to feel dizzy and getting hot when mummy said that my forehead was cold. Thus I told mummy to call the nurse and they came with another injection that prevent me from dizzying and makes me go to sleep too.
Last Friday
YAY! they've removed all the tubes around me and the urine bag and I started to eat something solid. I felt like a real person now. But I was still having difficulties taking a shower that was y 1 of the nurse and mummy came to help me with the showering lols. So pai seh.
Last Saturday
I'm back home finally!!!!!! So glad that I'm back home even though I had a hard time walking.
Tuesday
I thought that I'm having my chemotherapy today but I wasn't. Today was just a session to get everything organised before my chemo and explained all the things about chemo including the period and the side effects. I will be having 4 cycles of chemo with 3 weeks each. For day 1 to day 5 of each cycle, I would need to go to the hospital for 6 hurs of chemo and the rest of the 2 weeks and 2 days would be just staying at home and rest. I will be having 3 injections: bleomycin, etoposide and cisplatin. I will be having etoposide and cisplatin for day 1 to 5 and for bleomycin, I will be having it for every day 1 only. Some of the side effects are lungs, ovary and some of my organs therefore I had my CT scan today, meeting my fertility doctor on Thursday and lung scan test on Friday. The CT scan was bloody painful lah when I had my injection, I can sense the liquid flowing into my blood vessels on my arm and into my body, it was burning inside my arms basically =( Oh ya, I also had my another blood test again =( and this is the 4th time since last month.
CT scan


Food I had in the hospital
Fruit yoghurt, mandarin and apple juice
Mushroom soup
Spagehtti and mash potatoes
Wholemeal bread
Cream of chicken soup
Beef and mash potatoes
Shaverm from 3M

p.s. so now u can understand how bored I am when I was hospitalised
The only word fer me is I
The sweetest word fer me is LOVE
The only one for me is YOU
Aust: 8:27 PM, 2 hurs ahead of Sg